Before hucking yourself off something really low, there are a few things you should know, most of them are described in the two PDF’s below, read them! Knowledge is one thing, the required skills another, so I cannot stress this enough, work your way down, slowly decreasing exit height!
51m (167ft) freefall
- Troll MDV 265
- Long cypres closing loops (oiled) and pins primed as hell.
- 52″ ZP PC (Adrenaline Base, with support tapes on both sides)
- Shallow break setting to get the canopy flying earlier to get a bit more flare power.
- Head high exit, minimizing pendulum effect under opening canopy.
- Standard 9ft bridle was used.
- Only mesh of the PC folded in hand. (like a mushroom)
- Throw PC upwards and forward.
Here’s a video of a 50m freefall, thanks to Marek.
- OSP 305
- 52″ PC